Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available from a single source in the EU.
Civil engineering, wastewater treatment, drainage, rainwater harvesting, bulk liquid, fire fighting and potable water storage sectors are all key sectors for the company.
We are looking for an Export Sales Estimator to join our team.
The base location is Wombwell, Barnsley. There may be a requirement from time to time to work at other locations, including Customers’ sites and potentially overseas.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting the export sales team and providing an important link between the salesperson and the clients.
- Processing all sales related documentation.
- Estimating sales enquirers and submitting quotations.
- Being able to answer any client queries regarding their enquiries/orders.
- Dealing with any information passed on by the sales team.
- There could be the potential to travel overseas for exhibitions and sales meetings.
- The jobholder is responsible for developing the company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
- Reliability (keeping company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
- Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
- Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour
- Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems
- Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
- Excellent Computer skills
- Good general education with a good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to prepare and analyse data, both numerical and graphical.
- Working in a busy environment
- Ability to work across departments & achieve positive results.
- Previous experience of working with capital goods sales and estimating
Skills & Ability
- Good communicational skills at all levels.
- Good people skills.
- IT skills.
- Mature and customer focused attitude (able to handle difficult discussions and customer complaints).
- A belief in the fact that customers are revenue & everything else is overhead.
- Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values.
- Excited by change and driven to be part of a successful team.
- Belief in all aspects of RATER and the positive impact on a business.
- Willing to challenge colleagues whose behaviour is contradictory to all aspects of RATER, and ultimately the core values of the business.
- Prepared to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.