Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
We are looking for Quality Control Auditor to join our growing team in Llantrisant, there may be a requirement from time to time to work at other locations, including customer and supplier premises. The primary function of the job is to support the delivery of defect free products from our manufacturing facility by ensuring company quality systems are functioning correctly through regular audits and assisting departments to improve quality procedures & processes. To verifying that company procedures effectively cover key strategic issues including manufacturing processes, goods inward inspection, product testing, storage of quality records and the quality of finished products.
The jobholder is expected to support our vision of being the best tank design, manufacturing and installation company in the world as a result of continuous improvement and by advising on the operation and effectiveness of our QC systems and reporting issues to the management team.
The QC Auditor will go about their role displaying high levels of initiative, drive & enthusiasm; and be expected to act as an ambassador & role model for our business. Right first time is what the company is passionate about and the auditor role must align itself to support this mind-set.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the awareness of quality principles and concepts and drive the Right First Time mind-set across the business.
- Conduct audits to verify procedures and Quality Inspection Test Plans are being adhered to throughout the business.
- Present data on QC performance & help develop action plans to address any adverse findings.
- Assist team leaders with work instruction/specification creation.
- Hold regular meetings with team leaders to address quality issues and drive improvements.
- Support the QA Engineer when required during third party audits and responses.
- Verify standard drawings on the shop floor are properly controlled.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and corrective action processes, including assisting departments with short term, rapid improvement projects
- The jobholder is responsible for positively supporting the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
R Reliability (keeping Company promises – dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
- Internal auditor qualification
- NVQ in manufacturing operations or similar
- Minimum of three years experience of working in a quality role within an ISO 9001 manufacturing business.
- Will need to be self motivated, able to prioritise work load and perform under pressure.
- Minimum of five years experience in a quality inspection and control role, within an ISO 9001 business
- Conducting internal and supplier audits
- Practical knowledge of quality tools and techniques
- Understanding and experience of metal manufacturing, GRP manufacturing, planning and process
- Formal welding/sheet metal inspection/knowledge advantageous
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent inter-personal, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate – including MS Office and Outlook
- Mature and customer focused attitude (able to handle difficult discussions and customer complaints)
- A belief in the fact that customers are revenue & everything else is overhead.
- Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values.
- Excited by change and driven to be part of a successful team.
- Belief in all aspects of RATER and the positive impact on a business.
- Willing to challenge colleagues whose behaviour is contradictory to all aspects of RATER, and ultimately the core values of the business.
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.